Five Common Signs You Might Need a Tune-Up
Vehicle Tune-Up Providence RI
When the spring and summer months hit, it isn’t uncommon to notice a change in your vehicle’s overall performance. The pounding your vehicle takes during the winter will frequently have a clear negative effect on the overall health of your car, and at Speedcraft VW near Providence, RI, we’d like to help you catch some of these problems before they become more than a nuisance. Here are five signs that it might be time for a tune up, just in time for the summer driving season.
1) You notice a large drop in your fuel efficiency. Are you having to fill your gas tank more often? If so, don’t overlook it. You might possibly have a problem with your fuel injector, your spark plugs might be dirty or failing, or you could have a dirty fuel filter.
2) You’ve experienced tough starts or stalls. This could be indicative of a number of problems, including dirty intake valves, timing issues, or general fuel injection problems. Be certain to note the circumstances of hesitant starts or stalls to assist your mechanic in rooting out the problem.Scheduling service in advance will keep all of your vehicle’s systems running smoothly.
3) What is that noise? No knocking, pinging or squealing noises should be ignored, and can indicate a large list of potential issues. Squealing when you turn the steering wheel may reflect low steering fluids or possible leaks, when knocks can indicate low oil, loose rod bearings or potentially larger engine problems.
4) Your brakes are less responsive than usual. Does it seem like you’re pressing harder on the brake than you usually have to? This could indicate low brake fluid, or potentially could signal that it’s the time for new brake pads.
5) Your car jerks when you shift. If your vehicle fights you when shifting from park into drive, this may be a sign of several problems. It could be something simple, like a new transmission filter and fluid. It could also be an indicator of a larger problem, which should only be checked out by professionals.
At Speedcraft VW near Providence, RI, we proudly feature a full service auto garage, and our staff is ready and qualified to fix all your potential automotive issues before they rear their ugly heads to ruin your day. Additionally, we regularly feature assorted service specials, and will even work with you to create a maintenance schedule to keep your vehicle running its best. For any and all service on your vehicle in southern Rhode Island, visit our dealership in Wakefield today!